How to Choose A Cell Culture Erlenmeyer Flask
Cell culture Erlenmeyer flask is a conical bottle shaped like a triangle, also known as a conical flask. The special shape makes it easier for handling tools to reach the corner of the flask, which is convenient for cell culture operations. It is named after the chemist Richard August Carl Emil Erlenmeyer who made it. The Erlenmeyer flask has a small cell culture area and is mainly suitable for cell culture with high oxygen requirements. The following content will provide some references from several aspects to help you choose an Erlenmeyer flask you need most among the various types of Erlenmeyer flasks.
Cell Culture Erlenmeyer Flask Material
- First of all, you can choose Erlenmeyer flasks of different materials according to your needs, the common ones on the market are glass or plastic like PC and PETG.
- The shape of the glass material is stable, and it is not easy to deform under high temperatures. The glass material has high transparency. And its recycling cost is extremely low. But the glass is heavy. And it is so fragile that it is not easy to transport.
- PC plastic flasks are prone to static electricity and pollution, and are difficult to recycle. It is light in weight but its special conical structure is relatively stable and not easy to tip over, even with lightweight plastics. Plastic products are relatively light, inexpensive, and easy to store and transport because they are not easily damaged.
- The cap of an Erlenmeyer flask is made of high-strength HDPE material. This material is used by most bottle caps, with mature production technology, good chemical stability, and tight sealing.
Erlenmeyer Flask Sizes
- There are also many capacity options for Erlenmeyer flasks. Different Erlenmeyer flask sizes need to be selected according to your experimental needs. The 125mL, 250mL, 500mL, and 1000mL are Erlenmeyer flask sizes.
- When the capacity requirement is small, you can choose the smallest 125mL.
- The volume requirements are not very large, you can choose 250mL and 500mL.
When the volume required for the experiment is large, the maximum volume of 1000mL can be selected.
Caps of Erlenmeyer Flask
- Erlenmeyer flasks generally have two sealing methods: sealing caps and vent caps. You can choose from different caps according to your experimental preference.
- The sealing cap is used for the sealed culture of gas and liquid. After being tightly capped, the sample in the bottle can be effectively isolated from external influences.
- The vent cap has a hydrophobic filter membrane on the top of the cap, which is mainly used for sterile gas exchange. It is effective in allowing gas exchange while preventing contamination to ensure a good environment for cell growth.
The above are three important aspects when choosing an Erlenmeyer flask, we hope these contents can help you. Hawach is also a partner worth considering if you need to buy high-quality plastic conical flasks in a wide range types of Erlenmeyer flasks. We have enough stock of Erlenmeyer flask for sale. We look forward to receiving your messages.