How to Choose Cell Culture Well Plate
Cell culture well plates are a very commonly used consumable in laboratory experiments for culturing cells. Many types of cell culture plates are currently on the market, and some aspects need to be paid attention, so that you can choose a suitable cell culture plate faster. In the content below, we will introduce the key points of cell plate selection. Important considerations are the plate material, the number of wells, and other aspects, such as plasma treatment.
Cell Culture Plate Material
- When we choose the product, we must first look at its material. The most suitable cell culture plate material is the high-quality PS.
- The plate of PS material has good chemical stability and facilitates cell adhesion.
- This material is easy to process and has a smooth and complete surface, which is conducive to cell growth.
- Moreover, the plate of this material can withstand high temperature and high pressure, and can complete the sterilization operation very well.
- There is also a Terasaki plate, which generally uses crystal class polymer as a material, and special materials are beneficial to observe the crystal structure.
Cell Culture Well Plate Size
- The plate has several specifications of 6, 12, 24, 48, and 96 wells to choose from. We need to choose according to the specific required cell culture plate surface area and other experimental requirements.
- Flow cytometry can generally choose to use 6 wells, cell slides generally use 24 well cell culture plate, and MTT generally use 96-well plates.
- You can also culture different cells in groups or adjust different variables in groups according to your ideas for comparison. To select the appropriate number of wells according to the grouped data.
- Plasma treatment cell culture plates are provided by many manufacturers, and their cleanliness is guaranteed.
- We should choose a cell culture plate free of DNase, RNase, endotoxin and pyrogen. And independent packaging is the best choice.
- The manufacturer and the production environment are also places that need attention, so as to ensure that the quality of your products is guaranteed. The surface of the goods you receive will be very flat. Such a cell culture plate can maximize the cell culture plate surface area of each well.
- It is best to choose a plate with a uniform footprint. Individual alphanumeric codes can be used to identify the product, ensuring that you receive a product from a legitimate manufacturer, and it is also an important proof of after-sales service.
- See if it is a 4-sided non-slip design, such a product can better ensure the smooth progress of the experiment.
Cell culture well plates are common and very important helpers in life science experiments and cell culture laboratories. In addition to the common 96 wells, 6, 12, 24, and 48 wells are also produced and can be purchased according to demand. Other key points of purchase are above, we hope this article can help you choose the right products. We also hope that you can consider Hawach’s cell plates as well. We produce laboratory consumables strictly and carefully, and we believe that we can win your trust with good quality. We look forward to getting more long-term partners.