How to Maintain Pipette
The maintenance of the pipette affects its life and accuracy of the pipette. Doing it well can largely ensure the accuracy and safety of the experiment. So how to maintain the pipette correctly and safely, the following content should be helpful to you.
Pipette Routine Maintenance:
The operation of the pipette is simple, but if it is used improperly and not pay attention to daily maintenance, it may cause problems such as rusting of the pipette spring and internal pollution, which will eventually lead to large errors in the results provided by the pipette and affect the experiment.
- Routine maintenance of pipettes requires special attention to the springs, pistons, and seals.
- You will need to calibrate your pipette regularly for frequency of use.
- And remember to check the sealing condition of the pipette gun regularly, and replace the sealing ring in time if any problem is found. Electronic pipettes must be recalibrated after replacement so that you can check the condition of the seals before regular calibration.
- When liquid accidentally enters the piston chamber during use, it should be removed in time to protect the pipette.
- Avoid storing at high temperatures to prevent unknown damage to the pipette.
- Lightly spray bio-disinfectant onto the outer surface of the manual pipette and wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- The pipette needs to be disassembled first to completely remove contamination and residues. If you need disassembly instructions, you can read this article: How to disassemble the pipette. Soak and disinfect for at least 30 minutes after disassembly. , rinsed repeatedly with distilled water, and then dried with hot air for more than 1 hour.
- Re-lubricate the suction cylinder piston, inspect other parts, and replace consumable parts as directed in the instruction manual.
In addition to daily maintenance and protection of the pipette, its cleaning is also very important. This is a description of cleaning the pipette, please check:
- Shell cleaning: You can soak it with soap, detergent, or a special cleaning solution, rinse it with double distilled water after taking it out, and dry it at 60 degrees after cleaning it in place.
- Internal cleaning: After the pipette is disassembled, wash the washable parts and rinse them with double distilled water. After drying or drying, check and clean with soft paper, and apply a thin layer of special silicone grease evenly on the surface of the piston with a cotton swab. Wipe the outside of the pipette in top-to-bottom order, not the other way around.
- Don’t forget to carry out disinfection treatment after cleaning, it can be sterilized by ultraviolet radiation or conventional high-temperature and high-pressure sterilization. After sterilizing and drying, oil the piston and assemble it.
Laboratory personnel must pay attention to daily maintenance such as self-inspection and pipette cleaning. After maintenance and then adding sterilized tips for experiments, more accurate and reliable experimental results will be obtained. If you need to buy a pipette, whether it is an electric or manual model, you can consult us. We will guide and answer any questions you have about follow-up maintenance and maintenance.