Seven Types of Determination Test Strip
In addition to common pH test strips, Hawach also has specific single-color determination test strips. These special determination test papers can be used to test red litmus, blue litmus, neutral litmus, iodine powder or potassium iodide, lead acetate, phenolphthalein, and Congo red. There are two kinds of packaging methods for them, which are 5 meters in one roll, and 80pcs in a blue rack.
Red, Blue, Neutral Litmus Test Strips
- Litmus paper is a product that people often use to test the acidity and alkalinity of solutions. It is a test paper dipped in litmus solution and then air-dried.
- There are 3 kinds of test paper, which are red, blue, and neutral test paper. The red test paper will turn blue when it is in contact with an alkaline solution, and the blue test paper will turn red when immersed in an acidic solution. Neutral litmus paper is purple, it turns red under acidic conditions and blue under alkaline conditions.
- Litmus paper is very suitable for scientific experiments that need to simply judge the acid, alkali, and neutrality of the solution.
Iodine Powder or Potassium Iodide Determination Strips
- Potassium Iodide Determination StripsThis test paper is used to identify substances that are more oxidative than iodine. It can be used to detect free iodine, chlorine, and oxides in solution, which appear blue on contact.
- And here is a thing should be noted that the temperature should not exceed 40°C during use. Because the high temperature will decompose the substances produced by the reaction, the blue color will fade.
Lead Acetate Determination Test Paper
- Lead acetate test paper is often used to detect hydrogen sulfide. The hydrogen sulfide reacts with the lead ions contained in the test paper and turns the test paper black.
- It should be noted that do not heat or burn the test strip, which will lead to producing toxic and corrosive fumes, which are harmful to the human body.
Phenolphthalein Determination Test Strips
- Phenolphthalein test paper is sensitive to ammonia gas, and if ammonia is detected, the test strip will turn pink. Therefore, it is often used to detect ammonia leaks.
- Many people use it to test the condition of household appliances commonly found in homes, such as refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
Congo Red Test Strips
- Congo red test paper is an indicator for testing acidity and alkalinity, which is made by soaking it in Congo red solution. It is used to test solutions in the range of 3.5 to 5.2. The test paper will turn red if it is alkaline, and it will turn blue or even purple if it is acidic.
- Interestingly, it remains blue in contact with solutions with a pH below 3.0, while reacting with solutions with a pH above 5.2, the higher the value, the darker the red.
If you need the above seven determination test strips, Hawach hopes to be your choice. We will provide you with the best products. Universal pH test strips and health pH test strips are also available. The OEM services and high-volume wholesale are still available here. If you have any relevant needs, you are welcome to communicate and contact us.