What do You Use to Test pH
What do you use to test pH? Test paper may be the first thing that comes to your mind, but there are other tools that can be used besides test paper. They are pH indicator, and pH meter. Next, let’s introduce all of them respectively:
pH Detection Methods:
Use pH test paper. pH test paper has general test type and special type. Dip the solution to be tested with a glass rod and drop it on the test paper, and then compare the color change of the test paper with the standard color card to obtain the pH of the solution. For pH testing under normal circumstances, test paper can meet the needs. You can buy a whole lot for cheap.
- Use a pH indicator. the reagent commonly used to test pH is pH indicator. Add a pH indicator to the solution to be tested, and the indicator will change color according to different pH values. The pH range can be determined by the color of the indicator. When titrating, it can be used as an accurate pH standard.
- Use a pH meter. A pH meter is an instrument for measuring pH, which can be accurate to two decimal places. It uses a pH electrode to measure the pH of the solution. But generally more expensive.
All three methods can be used to check pH. In fact, some specific pH test papers are made of pH indicators, and liquid indicators are not as convenient to use as paper. pH test paper is not as accurate as a pH meter, but it is cheap and easy to use and carry. It can also meet the pH value detection needs of most experiments.
Applications in Life:
The test paper can not only help in experiments but also can be used in many aspects of life.
- For example, the quality testing of drinking water allows you to drink water with confidence, and the quality testing of vegetables and fruits can also be determined by checking whether the pH value is normal.
In addition to the common quality testing of water, food, etc., it has many other uses. It can also be used as amniotic fluid test strips for helping pregnant mothers. People can buy it in advance after knowing about pregnancy and keep it at home for emergency needs.
- If people ask if they can you use pH strips to test for amniotic fluid, the answer would be yes. The amniotic fluid test strip is accurate to check the unknown fluid. Amniotic fluid is alkaline. If you use a test strip to test and find that the yellow test paper turns blue, it means it is an amniotic fluid. You should go to the hospital for further examination immediately. If there is no discoloration, it may be urine or normal secretions, and you can rest assured to expect labor.
- There are also test strips for health testing to determine the pH of the human body. People can get their current health status by measuring their own mucus, saliva, or women’s secretions. pH can effectively reflect the state of health, and people can re-evaluate and adjust their lifestyles based on the results.
Now people would know about the question “what do you use to test pH”. And also get to know some aspects that it can be applied in life. If you intend to purchase, Hawach can provide you with our universal test paper, health test strips, and determination test strips.