Quick to Know Centrifuge Parts
The content includes centrifuge parts, principles, types, and tubing. The laboratory centrifuge integrates multiple disciplines and technologies and is often used for samples that need centrifuged in scientific research, biopharmaceuticals, vaccine companies, and other industries. It can be used for the removal of impurities and concentration of culture fluids such as bacteria, yeast, mammalian cells, insect cells, and plant cells. Its application is very extensive and important, which can make us want to know more about it. Then, let’s introduce the parts and how it works for the start:
Centrifuge Parts and Working Principle
- A laboratory centrifuge is basically composed of a control system, a rotor assembly, a container, a drive system, a refrigeration system, and a safety protection system. For example, it includes the motor, rotor, tube holder, control panel, etc.
- The principle of gravity settling and the centrifugal force generated by the centrifuge can realize the separation of different particles suspended in the sample mixture.
- As the suspension rests, gravity causes the suspended particles to gradually sink. The lower the viscosity of the liquid, the heavier and denser the particles, and the faster they sink. The centrifugal force generated by the rotation of the centrifuge can accelerate the sedimentation speed of the particles, so as to achieve the purpose of separation.
- For small particles in a more viscous solution, it is difficult to observe sedimentation by gravity. Therefore, centrifugal force is needed to make these particles produce sedimentation motion.
Classifications and Types
There are many types of centrifuges in the laboratory. There will be precision centrifuges with multiple and complete functions, which can adapt to some experiments with relatively high requirements, and there are also ordinary centrifuges with relatively small workload. There will be more different types of centrifuges in the subdivision. Generally, it can be divided according to usage, speed, and structure.
- Classification by use: preparation centrifuge and preparation analysis centrifuge. The preparation centrifuge can be used for separation, concentration and purification of samples. The preparation analysis centrifuge not only has the function of preparation centrifuge but also can observe the sample through the optical system and carry out some analysis.
- Classification by speed: There are low-speed centrifuges with a maximum speed of less than 8000r/min; normal-speed centrifuges with a maximum speed of less than 15000r/min; high-speed centrifuges with a speed range of 8000 to 30000r/min; ultracentrifuges with a speed range of 30000 to 80000r/min; The ultra-high speed centrifuge is the highest speed centrifuge with a speed of less than 80000r/min.
- Classification by structure: Different manufacturers will produce centrifuges with different structures, and there will be more types, such as desktop centrifuges, multi-tube centrifuges, cell smear centrifuges, blood washing desktop centrifuges, refrigerated centrifuges, and large-capacity centrifuges , automatic balancing centrifuges, and triple or quintuple centrifuges for continuous centrifugation.
Tubes of Vital Centrifuge Parts
- The centrifuge must not leave the centrifuge tube used to hold the experimental sample, which is one of the most important accessories in the centrifuge. There are many specifications of centrifuge tubes commonly used in laboratories. You can use different centrifuge tubes according to the number of samples to be operated.
- 1.5mL or 2mL centrifuge tubes can be selected for micro-samples that need to be centrifuged.
- General specifications can use 15mL or 50mL standard centrifuge tube.
- When the amount of sample to be centrifuged is particularly large, you can choose a 250mL or 500mL centrifuge bottle.
The centrifuge is a very important helper in the laboratory. Understanding the parts, principles, and classification of the centrifuge will be helpful for use and purchase. Centrifuge tubes must be used when using a centrifuge. It is important to choose products with good sealing and mature production. If you need a good centrifuge tube, Hawach is confident that it can provide you with satisfactory products. Whether it’s the flat or conical bottom, whether it’s a microcentrifuge tube or a 500 mL centrifuge bottle, we have it all.